Overall statement on future development
We have implemented our strategy with great determination in recent years, thus creating the basis for further growth:
- We are very well positioned in our markets with innovative products and services. We are increasingly succeeding in addressing new target groups and utilizing additional market potential.
- In the technologies that are decisive for the future of individual mobility, we have achieved a competitive advantage with pioneering innovations.
- Also in the field of drive systems, we meanwhile set the standards with our cars and commercial vehicles. For example, we reduced the average CO2 emissions of the cars we sell in the European Union to 123 g/km in 2015, thus achieving the target set for 2016 of 125 g/km ahead of time. With new and highly efficient engines and the particularly economical plug-in hybrids and new electric vehicles, we will significantly reduce CO2 emissions in the coming years.
- We have assumed a leading role in the automotive industry with the digitization of our products and processes.
- With the efficiency programs that have been implemented in all divisions in recent years, we have improved our cost structures on a sustained basis. On that basis, we are taking measures for the long-term and structural optimization of the business system, which will facilitate further efficiency gains in the coming years.
- We have continuously expanded our worldwide production network in recent years, thus creating the right conditions for further growth.
- We have significantly increased our investment in the future of the Company on the basis of sound finances.
Against this backdrop, we look to the year 2016 with confidence. Everything indicates that we will continue along our growth path. We anticipate higher unit sales, revenue and earnings than in the previous year.